phild 14:33 15 Nov 03

is anyone aware of any problems with winmx........or has big brother caught up with them aswell......................cheers

Proxy Worm 16:23 15 Nov 03

You wont any help for P2P probs here, as this forum dont allo willegal conduct, downloading via p2p is illegal! Only few legal ones!

Diodorus Siculus 16:36 15 Nov 03

"downloading via p2p is illegal" - how come? I was under the impression that the use of p2p filesharing programs is morally / legally neutral.

Using them to share copyrighted material is likely to be illegal but the use of p2p utilities per se cannot be illegal.

phild 16:39 15 Nov 03

i wasn't after any help i simply asked if anyone had had problems with it but thanks for the legal lesson mr ironside

BBez 18:40 15 Nov 03

I use it for getting footage from the WRC (World Rally Championships)etc and had no probs, just scan all files with anti-virus before opening them...

Proxy Worm 19:39 15 Nov 03

Phild - mr ironside- very smart yeh! Dont accept ny favours with that attitude!

phild 20:55 15 Nov 03

i seem to have thrown a spanner in the works with my scouse sense of humour .. lighten up proxy worm i think u will find that your tone started it ........i have always been polite and thankful for the help i recieve so in future try not to be the headmaster and read the message properly before u go diving in....if you read my first post u will see what i mean

Proxy Worm 15:29 16 Nov 03

Calm down- me - i was just saying, mr ironside just took me over theline son!

phild 15:41 16 Nov 03

you obviously have not got any sense of humour don't worry you'll get over it

jockym 16:06 16 Nov 03

I too use or have used winmx and have recently found difficulty in getting connected for p2p. As for the illegality of it - we all know this - but as individuals I feel we are at liberty to utilise the facility offered and the silly bickering between posters should definitely be illegal also :)

phild 19:17 16 Nov 03

here here jockym i totally agree with you so keep your big nose out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…