Winmodems and Linux

seedie 18:54 11 Sep 03

I've been looking at software adaptors to make winmodems work with linux.

Any views,experiences on this or would I better buying a hardware modem?

PªūĽ ? ♂ 19:58 11 Sep 03

It depends on the winmodem, Some work some dont, Do you know what the chipset for the winmodem is ?

click here Fore help, If its connexant I have got them to work fine before.

seedie 20:31 11 Sep 03

Been to that site-it's how I got on to the subject.

Modem is conexant HCF Vendor ID 127a, BUT they do drivers for it at $14.95. Seems hardware modem would sort prob. once and for all.

By the way: was your thread which allowed me to do a successful ISO burn of Mandrake.'spect you see I've been passing it on

Much thanks

PªūĽ ? ♂ 20:41 11 Sep 03

These drivers may work, I can remember replying to a thread about burning iso's but I have a memory like a sieve

PªūĽ ? ♂ 20:42 11 Sep 03

click here

Heres the link it mentions the 127a

PªūĽ ? ♂ 20:43 11 Sep 03

BTW if you want to pursue it further let me know and I will try to help out, From memory they arent too difficult to get going,

seedie 20:51 11 Sep 03

Thanks for your help. Meantime I'm going to do more research. Ticking this but expect I will be back with new thread.

PªūĽ ? ♂ 21:17 11 Sep 03

No problem, If you do require assistance you can either contact me via the contact button or post a thread here, I will keep an eye out for it, If you decide to buy another modem ensure it is linux compatible, If you wish to use it for linux, Usually the cheaper the modem the less chance of it working with linux

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…