Winmgmt

Fjellman 17:38 17 Jan 05

I'm still getting this glitch, despite a HD format and reinstalling Windows etc.

If I leave my computer on but unattended for a while I find the following message on screen when I return:

"Winmgmt has caused an error in unknown> Winmgmt will now close If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer."

It doesn't seem to cause any noticable problems and I've put a shortcut to Winmgmt and can immediately restore it but I would like to know why this is happening in the first place.

stalion 19:38 17 Jan 05

info for you can be virus related have a read
Regards click here

GaT7 19:53 17 Jan 05

Do you run any P2P (file-sharing) programs? If you do, I'd suggest to uninstall them & get rid of their remnants.

Do you have up-to-date antispyware protection? Adaware click here, Spybot-S&D click here, SpywareBlaster click here, MS Antispyware Beta (Win2K/XP/Server2003 only) click here, a²(a-squared) click here. Download, install, UPDATE, run the scans as appropriate & remove the items they come up with. SpywareBlaster needs to be 'Enabled' after install. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…