WinME on Ebay?

snowy30 01:20 04 Aug 07

I'm thinking of selling Windows ME on Ebay, will it be ok? It's been used once for my old previous computer. I didnt know whether or not the product key number will still be valid. I mean I don't want to sell it to someone (if somebody buys it) and then discover it is not accessible or valid.

Belatucadrus 01:53 04 Aug 07

If it's a full version, you have the certificate copy and the old installation has been wiped you should be OK. If on the other hand it's an OEM version then the license is tied to the machine it was installed on and it shouldn't be sold.

snowy30 17:26 04 Aug 07

It's an upgrade version for Win98

LastChip 17:40 04 Aug 07

The product key will be valid, whether it is legal or not will be spelled out in the license. (if you can understand it :-) )

To my mind, there are too many "if's and but's" but that's another issue.

spuds 18:18 04 Aug 07

To give you an idea, see what others are available on eBay.If the wording or item is questionable, then eBay may remove the item from sale.

snowy30 01:44 06 Aug 07

There are full versions on there, but only one upgrade version of what I can see. The one selling the upgrade hasn't had any bids for it

2neat 12:59 06 Aug 07

I cant see anybody wanting to upgrade from Win 98 to Me! They would have to posess the 98 CD to upgrade to Win Me.

Good luck :-)

Stuartli 15:07 06 Aug 07

ME is probably best avoided in any case...:-)

snowy30 18:43 06 Aug 07

Don't think I will bother now to advertise it, thanks for all your replies :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5