wing.dll message

chub_tor 19:19 17 Jun 04

I have just installed Serif Drawplus 7, and its latest update on my machine running Windows XP. On the opening wizard is an option to run a demo of the program. When I do so I get a box with the title header "Worldcupfever:dp7qt.exe" and the following message inside.

The applicatio or dll C:\windows\system32\wing.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation disk

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Drawplus7 and gone back to the version as supplied on the disc. But the result is the same. Serif are slow in responding, anyone got any ideas? Is wing.dll part of XP? If so how do I extract it from my XP disc.

Thanks

Curio 19:23 17 Jun 04

Sounds like Adaware Spybot and AV need to be run. Malware may have been attached to your download

Old Shep 21:12 17 Jun 04

Did a google search which came up with a sex games site (lucky me) this is what that said about it---
If (Xp or 2k 0s) you get the following message when opening the Game:"This application requires at least 3 Mb of free Virtual Memory to run", set the VM of your PC to a value between 200 and 512 Mb even if you have more(details). Else, if you get "Application or DLL C:\Windows\System32\wing.dll is not a valid Windows image",(and you cant stand it) download (this small file), unzip it and put the .ini one having the same name of the game you are playing, into the Game folder (details). For any other kind of problems with Unregistered Version of the Game (No Sounds or the like), first of all please read each Game's Recent FAQ online and techtips page, because Registering the Game will not have them fixed.

chub_tor 13:52 19 Jun 04

I have run Spybot, ADAware and anti-virus, nothing doing in terms of this error message. But on Annoyances.org there was a similar problem 2 years ago and it is something to do with Macromedia Shockwave (and easter egg or hidden window?) however no resolution was posted.
Is Shockwave part of XP? It doesn't show up in add/remove programs. Any clues how to fix it anyone?

VoG II 14:24 19 Jun 04

You can download Shockwave if you click here

chub_tor 19:00 20 Jun 04

Thanks VoG I have downloaded and installed the latest version but it hasn't stopped this annoying message. I will keep trying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…