Winfast TV2000 and VirtualDUB

Bewlay51 18:09 26 Sep 04

Hi All,
Well this should be simple to solve. I just want to convert some VHS tapes to DVD. Been reading some of the comments on the board and it looks like I will go for Winfast TV2000 - good price and the capture sounds like it not too bad. Not really interested in the TV side of it, but there’s not a lot I can do.

I know the MPEG2 files produced are BIG – is it possible to used software like VirtualDub and capture to an AVI file. If so what will the quality be like? Also, I use Sonic MyDVD, I take it that Winfast TV2000 will appear as a capture device in that software – I assume that any capture software will see the device as a camera? Any good or bad comments about the capture part of Winfast?

I see they also produce a very cheap capture card in the way of the VC100. Its under £20 – this must be too good to be true. I think this card does not have any audio IN – am I wrong. As anybody used this card?
Cheers,

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…