windws sp2

stalion 20:33 05 Jul 04

beta version is available on windows update site for anyone interested

also been there a while dokey and anyone with a brain wouldnt touch it with a barge poll

stalion 20:39 05 Jul 04

I do not appreciate the tone of your reply and I won't call you names and lower myself to your level

Mister Splendid©® 20:43 05 Jul 04

No need to insult others because YOU don't want it.

BTW, to install SP2 via Windows Update you need to instal Windows Update Client V5, also an unsupported beta version.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:44 05 Jul 04

I've been using it on mine and three other computers for a month with no problems..(fear 56K, 250Mb download). I fear that english113 is a tad over-wrought.

sedgi 20:45 05 Jul 04

Im interested but still a bit dubious, what do you think so far, had any problems?

sorry to afend but come if microsoft cant get it right the first time what chance have they got in a beta version

stalion 20:52 05 Jul 04

many members have inquired about it and some want to instal it and others just want info.So you take your choice.

sedgi 20:52 05 Jul 04

Ah yes but has anyone yet had any serious problem with it? Thats what the big question is.

ok i will put my money where my mouth is and i will download a copy please could you post me the link

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:03 05 Jul 04

I have had no problems with the beta version. Personally the 'upgrade' is no great shakes and is hardly noticeable if you already have a firewall and AV..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…