WindowsXP - missing desktop toolbar OE icon

TOPCAT® 19:36 02 May 03

My daughter has bought the Cybermaxx (re-badged Medion from Toys R Us) PC and finds the launch Outlook Express mini envelope icon is missing from the toolbar. How can she get this back please? It is not hidden under the toolbar slider.

If possible, and due to the large number of programs she has on her Start menu, is there a way she can reduce this list by putting, say, the kiddies stuff into its own 'launch folder' please?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, especially if it helps to get her off my back!! :))) TC.

crx1600 20:23 02 May 03

if you haven't got the shortcut on your desktop already.start\programs\OutlookExpress, right-click it and 'send to desktop',then drag the icon down onto the taskbar.

you may be told you cant move it to there, would you like a copy of it.answer yes.

PS,is it the 60GB or 120GB version,just being nosey :o).

beeuuem 20:32 02 May 03

If the OE icon is on the desktop you can drag it to the taskbar.

For an easy way to start frequently used programs, you can put a shortcut to a programme on the taskbar.

From My Computer or Windows Explorer, drag a program file (a file with an .exe extension) onto the taskbar.
The icon for that program is now next to the other icons on the taskbar.

TOPCAT® 20:45 02 May 03

Thanks very much for that tip. She thanks you and will try it tomorrow. She's too busy at the moment doing urgent medical resuscitation papers needed for tomorrow.

She has the 120GB hard drive fitted. TC.

crx1600 21:06 02 May 03

id pointed sometime toward toysRus and that model,but it seems there are now offering a 60GB version,with much lower specs,not such a bargain.

try opening explorer and goto C\program files and create a new folder called 'kiddies stuff',then drag it over the start button until the menu's appear,then drag over 'programs' so that expands,then drop it somwhere in the list of programs.

then thru start\programs you can reorganise by dragging the programs you want into the 'kiddies stuff' folder,ive just tried and programs still seem to work fine,its only shortcuts being moved.

TOPCAT® 21:48 02 May 03

I'll come back and let you know the outcome guys tomorrow. I'll tick resolved then.

I know she will be well pleased with the ready help given from this world beating forum. I've also told her before to get registered here and leave me in peace!! :))) TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…