windows\system\lostrun.exe not found

smartdave 11:13 07 Mar 05

I have a problem with my XP professional asking for a "lostrun.exe" file. The computer will not finish loading till comment oked. Should I try to find this file on the internet/other pc's and install it or delete some registry entry?

Thanks.

I have just installed all updates for office 2003 in case that is the problem.

David Clark

phono 12:23 07 Mar 05

I have seen suggestions that lostrun.exe is possibly an Epson status monitor file, do you have an Epson printer?

If so try reinstalling status monitor to see if that cures it.

I did a Google search for lostrun.exe and whilst there are a lot of people with the same problem as yourself, the only remedy I could find was the one above.

smartdave 13:07 07 Mar 05

I have no epson printers attached to the pc.

Any idea where I could find this file?

Thanks

phono 14:06 07 Mar 05

Doing another Google search I came up with this discussion on Windowsforum.org click here it's a bit long winded but the original poster said his problems were resolved.

It looks like lostrun.exe may be some sort of malware or adware so you are probably as well off without it.

smartdave 15:25 08 Mar 05

The interesting thing is, is that it appears every time I log on to any of the pc's in the office, but only if I use the "administrator" log on. The general user log on works ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced