Windows/Internet Patches

OK Computer 15:04 18 Sep 03

Does anyone know which is the best way to find out what patches your Windows Operating System or Internet Explorer application requires without simply downloading them all?

The problem I have is i'm weary that that not all Windows Patches are required and the Windows Update Page (which apparently decides which patches you need) will not work for me because i'm behind a firewall.

Therefore I could do with know exactly what patches I require and downloading them individually. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin

rawprawn 15:16 18 Sep 03

Try turning the firewall off before scanning for updates, I think we can safely assume you won't suffer any damage from Microsoft

OK Computer 15:20 18 Sep 03

Yeah the problem being, its a company firewall, not sure our senior network administrator would like me turning off the company firewall to just update my O.S!!

rawprawn 17:42 18 Sep 03

Surely your company would want to download all update patches, besides I don't need to turn off my firewall (Zone alarm) to get updates. Are you telling us the whole story ?

OK Computer 10:15 19 Sep 03

Our firewall runs of our domain admin password which does not have internet access (surf control blocks access). Therefore it gets to the firewall and the domain admin account is blocked.

No story, just want to know if there is any other way apart from Windows Updates!

Tog 12:43 19 Sep 03

What version of Windows?

OK Computer 12:45 19 Sep 03

Workstation is on WIndows XP Pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…