Windows7/ Windows Explorer/ File Association

dozzy 11:14 AM 13 May 11

I have a problem with Windows Explorer display on My Packard Bell laptop running windows 7. When I Click on a file icon or program icon I get the following message:- " X This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.Please install a program or, or if one is already installed,create an association in the Default Programs control panel" If I right click and choose open it displays correctly. I have checked the Microsoft help site and found that the problem was not unknown and was given the following link:- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950505 which amends the registry. I tried this unsuccessfully. I have also tried using an early system restore without avail I would welcome any suggestions as to how I could correct this. Victor Doughty

woodchip 11:41 AM 13 May 11

In Windows Explorer have you tried right click the file program and then choose to open with/ Always open with this

northumbria61 11:46 AM 13 May 11

link text Instructions to set or change File Associations (Vista & Win 7)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites