Windows7 install help

francis toboni 21:19 12 Feb 10

I am trying to install win7 upgrade on my vista laptop,but i keep getting a message(e:\sources\SPWIZENG.DLL)"It is iether not designed to run on windows,or it contains an error" Please help.

GaT7 21:35 12 Feb 10

Where did you get the disk from?

If it was a downloaded ISO, download it again & check that the file's hash matches the original using something like click here.

If the hashes match, then burn it again. But this time burn it on the lowest possible speed. G

Zeppelyn 21:57 12 Feb 10

Well it is indeed an actual file from the DVD so do as Crossbow7 says or if you have a retail disk then give it a good clean.

rdave13 21:58 12 Feb 10

Jeepers, couldn't have done it without your valuable contribution and your generously given time to find and rectify my troubling problem.
I'd be trawling the net still if it wasn't for you.
Many, many TA's.........
V francis toboni

GaT7 13:30 13 Feb 10

No problem francis toboni, you're welcome :-). Thanks to rdave13 for posting your pm in the thread.

Would be nice to know what actually worked, so can you mention this in the thread please?

Likewise with another thread of yours click here - if possible. Thanks, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…