Windows7 64 or 32 ?

boysie 15:16 07 Dec 09

I have an athlon 64 processor machine in which I have just upgraded from Vista to windows7, My question is can slip the 64bit windows 7 disk to upgade to 64bit ? and is there a big difference? Many Thanks HH

boysie 15:19 07 Dec 09

I forgot to mention that I have already upgraded to windows 7 32 bit but have the 64 bit disk as well!HH

GaT7 15:26 07 Dec 09

I would suggest not doing it unless there's a specific reason for it.

If you'd like to try 64-bit anyway, you can create a dual-boot system with both OS types. This is so you can 'test-run' 64-bit with your current software & hardware before you commit to it. G

birdface 15:26 07 Dec 09

I did read somewhere that you could use it on the same computer whether it was with using an external hard drive or not i am not sure.

boysie 16:00 07 Dec 09

Many Thanks for your all your responses! I just needed to be reasured on this matter and decided to dual boot and give it a whirl! HH

birdface 16:10 07 Dec 09

This from the other thread.

Got Windows 7 64 bit installed on my 2nd HDD and didn't have any problems with getting it activated by MS. I wasn't sure if they would allow me to run both 32 bit and 64 bit on the same machine, but I guess its alright. Windows 7 64 bit had all the drivers I needed and its up and running smoothly. The Plop bootloader works great for giving me the option of booting up either OS.

GaT7 16:38 07 Dec 09

"I wasn't sure if they would allow me to run both 32 bit and 64 bit on the same machine, but I guess its alright."

I think the key here is that both types are running on the same hardware (motherboard in particular), & only one version is being run at any given time - technically that meets the licensing conditions.

Another member, jamesd1981, confirmed the same with Vista 32 & 64-bit versions in this thread click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…