Windows XP Yes I dual booted it with another XP.

Bubadeee 03:18 26 Sep 07

Heh so; funny story. I partitioned my harddrive with acronetcetc (irrelavent) And attempted to instal an OS off of a .ISO. Obviously I was not thinking very clearly because as soon as the operating system restarted the computer, halfway through the instilation, it lost access to the virtual drive. Then when I attempted to restart it, it was trying too boot from the half filled partitioned drive.

So I inserted my xp home disk, and used its partition manager to clear the section that had the half finished operating system on it, restarted. And lo and behold.. It attmempted to boot from that sector again! So at that point I was a little frustrated, and just installed XP too the partitioned side with nothing on it, the computer works fine now, I deleted the second version of XP and merged the partitions, the only problem is when I reboot or start up my computer, it gives me a bootloader screen to select which operating system, the second being the working one, the first being the nonexistant. Normally this wouldnt be a problem and I would just disregard it, but I have a plug and play keyboard so I cant select the second XP which works, so im wondering, is there any way to get rid of this screen and make it realize, that, the first one doesnt even exist? If not how can I get my computer to get my keyboard running before it starts booting the operating system?

Many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:04 26 Sep 07

Start - run - type msconfig - press ok

boot.ini tab

press Check All boot paths.

Windows should then remove the paths and boot loader to the none working windows version.

reboot and check it boots ok to the correct XP. then just delete the bad windows folders.

STREETWORK 19:08 26 Sep 07

Wireless keyboard then eh...

Plug in a wired one...

Bubadeee 02:02 27 Sep 07

Worked great! Thanks lots!

& Its not wireless, its USB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…