Windows Xp won't write to Tuffdisc DVD+R

Nagpur 29 Apr 13
Answered

I have tried to write files from my computer to a Tuffdisc Grade A+ DVD+R 16X 4.7GB but computer says no, can't do it. My operating system is WindowsXP. What additional software might I need, preferably free to download, to be able to write files to my Tuffdiscs?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 29 Apr 13
Answer

Xp will not write to any type of DVD it can only write to CD.

Have you tried writing to DVD before?

http://www.top5freeware.com/top-5-best-free-windows-cd-dvd-burning-software

Nagpur 01 May 13

Thanks to Fruit Bat /\0/\ . I visited website www.top5freeware.com/top-5-best-free-windows-cd-dvd-burning-software through which I found and downloaded software called "BurnAware Free". Using this I have just copied, i.e. burnt, a 2GB "wmv" file onto a 4.7GB TuffDisc DVD - the three hour BBC programme of Mrs T's Funeral actually which I had downloaded previously to my computer using BBCiPlayer. BurnAware Free works a treat and I have already checked that the DVD plays back on my computer, using Windows Media Player software of course. No, I hadn't tried writing to DVD before. Thanks Fruit Bat.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message