Windows Xp won't write to Tuffdisc DVD+R

Nagpur 13:13 29 Apr 13
Answered

I have tried to write files from my computer to a Tuffdisc Grade A+ DVD+R 16X 4.7GB but computer says no, can't do it. My operating system is WindowsXP. What additional software might I need, preferably free to download, to be able to write files to my Tuffdiscs?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:45 29 Apr 13
Answer

Xp will not write to any type of DVD it can only write to CD.

Have you tried writing to DVD before?

http://www.top5freeware.com/top-5-best-free-windows-cd-dvd-burning-software

Nagpur 23:57 01 May 13

Thanks to Fruit Bat /\0/\ . I visited website www.top5freeware.com/top-5-best-free-windows-cd-dvd-burning-software through which I found and downloaded software called "BurnAware Free". Using this I have just copied, i.e. burnt, a 2GB "wmv" file onto a 4.7GB TuffDisc DVD - the three hour BBC programme of Mrs T's Funeral actually which I had downloaded previously to my computer using BBCiPlayer. BurnAware Free works a treat and I have already checked that the DVD plays back on my computer, using Windows Media Player software of course. No, I hadn't tried writing to DVD before. Thanks Fruit Bat.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch the Superbowl 2016 online in the UK: Broncos vs Panthers live plus Coldplay halftime…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…