Windows Xp won't write to Tuffdisc DVD+R

Nagpur 13:13 PM 29 Apr 13
Answered

I have tried to write files from my computer to a Tuffdisc Grade A+ DVD+R 16X 4.7GB but computer says no, can't do it. My operating system is WindowsXP. What additional software might I need, preferably free to download, to be able to write files to my Tuffdiscs?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:45 PM 29 Apr 13
Answer

Xp will not write to any type of DVD it can only write to CD.

Have you tried writing to DVD before?

http://www.top5freeware.com/top-5-best-free-windows-cd-dvd-burning-software

Nagpur 23:57 PM 01 May 13

Thanks to Fruit Bat /\0/\ . I visited website www.top5freeware.com/top-5-best-free-windows-cd-dvd-burning-software through which I found and downloaded software called "BurnAware Free". Using this I have just copied, i.e. burnt, a 2GB "wmv" file onto a 4.7GB TuffDisc DVD - the three hour BBC programme of Mrs T's Funeral actually which I had downloaded previously to my computer using BBCiPlayer. BurnAware Free works a treat and I have already checked that the DVD plays back on my computer, using Windows Media Player software of course. No, I hadn't tried writing to DVD before. Thanks Fruit Bat.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites