Windows xp won't shut down

hargranules 10:36 31 Dec 05

I helped set up a new pc yesterday which was working fine. It's windows xp brand new. I set up home network stilled worked fine. Then installed norton anti - virus, norton go back and norton ghost. Now will not shut down freezes on windows is shutting down page.

I am sure this is what has upset it but cannot find any help pages on norton site. Please help!!!!!!

GuZ><0r 10:40 31 Dec 05

I once had Norton and tbh with you, I think it is rubbish and messed around with my system a lot. Un-install it and get all the free anti-virus/spyware programs out there. They work great and do not wreck your computer.

hargranules 10:41 31 Dec 05

Not my pc otherwise I would. Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

GuZ><0r 10:44 31 Dec 05

No, sorry, That was the only thing I can think of, not a user of Norton.

Totally-braindead 10:44 31 Dec 05

I too am not a great fan of Norton, however having said that, the important thing to find out is what is causing the problem. Delete it all then try installing one program at a time until it fails, that at least will tell you what it is that is causing the problem and hopefully make it easier to find a solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…