windows xp wont shut down

o44wen 01:57 19 Sep 05

hi,
the last couple of days i have been having problems shutting down windows xp. It gets to the message "windows is shutting down" and freezes. I leave it for ages but it wont seem to pass that stage. I think it might have to do with me trying to install my old scanner onto the new system. it was my old scanner for my windows 98 system. i thought i had downloaded the correct drivers, then i installed the scanner programme and nothing worked ...

o44wen 02:02 19 Sep 05

... i then uninstalled the scanner programme. I think it was after that that windows wont shut down proper. There is no sign of it in the add/remove programs section. I am not sure what else to do.

If i do the restore point, would that help? I am not sure of that process, what else would be deleted? i dont really want anything else removed. Does it give me a list of what will be deleted?

VoG II 08:20 19 Sep 05
  o44wen 11:29 04 Feb 06

fixed finnaly!!

The problem was my PC monitor plug was not fixed in securly. It was only half in, now i have well screwed that thing in and hopefully this probably will never happen again! I feel really stupid with that real simple problem to take me months to fix.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…