windows xp wont shut down

o44wen 01:57 19 Sep 05

hi,
the last couple of days i have been having problems shutting down windows xp. It gets to the message "windows is shutting down" and freezes. I leave it for ages but it wont seem to pass that stage. I think it might have to do with me trying to install my old scanner onto the new system. it was my old scanner for my windows 98 system. i thought i had downloaded the correct drivers, then i installed the scanner programme and nothing worked ...

o44wen 02:02 19 Sep 05

... i then uninstalled the scanner programme. I think it was after that that windows wont shut down proper. There is no sign of it in the add/remove programs section. I am not sure what else to do.

If i do the restore point, would that help? I am not sure of that process, what else would be deleted? i dont really want anything else removed. Does it give me a list of what will be deleted?

VoG II 08:20 19 Sep 05
  o44wen 11:29 04 Feb 06

fixed finnaly!!

The problem was my PC monitor plug was not fixed in securly. It was only half in, now i have well screwed that thing in and hopefully this probably will never happen again! I feel really stupid with that real simple problem to take me months to fix.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017