Windows XP won't recognize my Bluetooth dongle.

craig.katka 10:25 12 Jun 05

I recently bought a Bluetooth Dongle to up/download photos and mp3's to my phone. I've installed the Software and driver that came with the dongle and then fitted the dongle into the usb port, Windows knows a usb device has been fitted but doesn't recognize it as a bluetooth dongle. When runnig the software it doesn't seem to see the dongle either.

I can't find a make or model number on the packaging however the description says "Blue-USB" Bluetooth Dongle.

I'm running Windows XP Home SP2

Please Help!!!

Al94 10:59 12 Jun 05

Try uninstalling the device through System -Hardare -Device Manager, reboot then plug in the device again. XP SP2 already should have the drivers needed for bluetooth device - if still not working, may be faulty - have you tried it in another PC?

mermaid25 12:08 12 Jun 05

Is it a Belkin dongle? I had a problem with one and I went on the website and there was an issue with sp2, it gave you instuctions how to fix it.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…