windows xp wont boot!!!!!!

aceguymiller 16:43 09 Sep 13

help!!!
hi i need some help with installing windows xp or even windows 2000 onto my mates pc. this is the problem - the pc has windows xp installed but wont boot into it - it boots to the screen where you can choose safe mode and run when last good config. the keyboard (i have tried 4 keyboards with no luck) is not recognised and there fore i cant choose of the menu to try other boots modes. when i start pc and hold down delete key it boots into the main option page where you can change boot options (of dvd - hard disk - floppy) and bios and so on - i cant understand if it recognises keyoard then why not on the screen to boot into safe mode of role back to good config. so basically it just goes round in a circle starting going to screen with boot options (which i cant choose) and restarts!!!! its doing my head in never seen anything like this before
hope someone can help me thanks

onthelimit1 16:45 09 Sep 13

Have you tried a keyboard with PS2 plug, rather than a USB one?

aceguymiller 16:52 09 Sep 13

is that the old round connection tried an adapter usb into ps2 plug but keyboard not recognised cant think anything i can do lol!!!! frustrating

AndySD 17:14 09 Sep 13

Hi aceguymiller

You may find that the USB/PS2 connector you are trying is not for a keyboard its for a mouse (I had this problem which is why I keep an old PS2 keyboard)

Andy

aceguymiller 19:45 09 Sep 13

thanks for replies got shot of a ps/2 keyboard worked a treat!!!!

bumpkin 21:11 09 Sep 13

aceguymiller, " got shot of a ps/2 keyboard worked a treat!!!!"

For the benefit of myself and other members can you please explain what you mean

onthelimit1 08:09 10 Sep 13

If you mean it's now working OK, you can now plug a USB keyboard in and windows will install the driver. Shut the PC down before removing the PS2 connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…