//some 3rd party need geo

windows xp will not read excel spreadsheet

mufti 21:03 14 Feb 04

i am running windows xp but it will not open an excel spreadsheet which has been sent as an attachment in my e-mail. is this normal, or is there something that i should be doing.

palinka 09:34 15 Feb 04

have you got Excel installed? (It comes as part of MS Office). Without Excel installed you won't be able to open an excel spread sheet that someone sends to you. A bit lioke the problem with word docs if you haven't got Word, tho in that case the sender can send it as rtf and then it's OK. BUT I remember there was a thread somewhere on this site to a bit of software that you could download to read excel files if you didn't have the program. What i can't remeber was where it was!

VoG II 09:36 15 Feb 04

ßéLâ is invisible?

powerless 09:38 15 Feb 04

Not the only one!

mufti 20:54 15 Feb 04

BeLa has sorted this for me!! so a big thanks for that, also VoG and Powerless for reacting, not forgetting palinka, who missed the link. PS. do not know how to write BeLa's name properly. cheers mufti.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…