Windows XP wifes Laptop URGENT HELP

charles60 14:07 09 Dec 10

Hope someone can help me urgently please my wife's laptop was having problems so i went to re install Windows XP everything went fine until got this come up on the blue screen "Stop Coooo221 unknown Hard Error\Systemroot\system32\ntd77.d77 I did what it said boot up from DVD/Cdrom drive now cant get anything is there a cure please wife will kill me if i have killed it

Press Man 14:14 09 Dec 10

What problems were you having that you needed to re-install XP?

johndrew 14:16 09 Dec 10

There is a Microsoft article on this error message click here;en-us;Q314474, but given the laptop was "having problems" - you don't give any clues - it could also be the HDD has failed.

Perhaps a bit more information on the "having problems" symptoms would help.

charles60 15:06 09 Dec 10

Well she had a load of crap on it plus it was running quite slow i had done what i could the someone said try and reinstall windows XP and start from Scratch well i did not do a complete install i did a repair when it asked me instead . Then i get this come up "The file asms on Windows XP Home edition Service Pack 2 cd is needed. I put the disk in then it says "Type the patch where the file is located and this comes up in the box Globelroot\device\cdromo\1386 i know this sounds awfully confusing. Have killed my wife's computer sorry above does not make sence

gengiscant 15:12 09 Dec 10

Give me a call Eric.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…