Windows XP Upgrade fault

holly 17:32 31 May 04

I have just upgraded my PC to a new AMD Athlon XP3200+, a new Abit NF7-S motherboad and 2 new Hitachi Serial ATA Hard Drives. I have set the Hard Drives in a raid configeration and they are reading as one Hard Drive ie "C". My Windows XP is an upgrade so I had to load Windows 98SE first. Then I Tried to upgrade Windows XP but after it had loaded the istallation files and restarted the PC I keep getting a blue screen which says:- "A problem has been detected & Windows has been shut down". Check for viruses on your PC. Remove any newly installed Hard Drives or Hard Drive Controllers. Check your Hard Drive to make sure it is properley configured and terminated" !!!!!!! This has now happened 3 times. Has any one any suggestions please. HOLLY

Rayuk 18:58 31 May 04

Start again from scratch,but use the WinXP cdrom first it may ask you to put the Win98 cd in just to check you have a valid copy.
No need to instal Win98 first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…