windows XP updates - ! Administrators only msg

bmori 09:35 06 May 04

if I try to launch windows updates from my Tosh laptop, once I reach the microsoft site I get the following message

"Administrators Only -
To install items from Windows Update, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure."

I've tried the various suggestions on the microsoft site including changing the permissions in the - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate
directory - anyone experienced this problem?

rawprawn 10:04 06 May 04

You could try this it should make you a part time administrator for win update. Hold down shift key and right click the windows update shortcut, choose run as, select "The following user" and enter the name and password and (domaine if necessary) click OK. I think it will allow you to download, unless somebody knows better.(Ex PCA Magazine)

SANTOS7 10:09 06 May 04

click here this should help,good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…