windows xp updates

chrisjohn 20:59 13 Oct 05

in ad/remove programs,u can see all the windows updates,can u delete them? if not eventually all ur memory will be eaten by updates.

Jackcoms 21:03 13 Oct 05

Yes, you can delete them. That's why they're shown in Add/Remove programs.

However, MS releases these updates for very specific reasons - usually to improve PC security.

Remove them at your peril.

VoG II 21:03 13 Oct 05

I'm not sure what you mean.

If you remove them using Add or Remove programs it defeats the object of having installed them in the first place.

If you don't want to see them in Add/Remove programs, untick Show Updates at the top.

stalion 21:04 13 Oct 05

run cc cleaner click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:06 13 Oct 05

If the PC is working propely you can delete the update restore points these are taking up alot of space.

They are in the windows folder are usually show up in blue starting with $

Totally-braindead 21:07 13 Oct 05

Unless you're running a really small hard drive I can't see why you would want to delete them. Theres a lot of other things you can delete that will free much more memory, if you delete the update then it will be as if you never downloaded the update in the first place, these aren't just shortcuts you are thinking about deleting these are the actual updates themselves. I wouldn't recommend deleting them.

Newuser339 14:21 14 Oct 05

Evertime I update xp pro (licenced copy) and try to reboot , my computer will sometimes reboot ok or more likely than not will start with the 'restart normally', 'restart from last know good configeration' screen. I've reinstalled xp 3 times and the problem persists. At the moment I'm running xp perfectly with no updates.
Can anyone plz help?
Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…