Windows XP Update won't go away

johnincrete 16:34 PM 29 Aug 11

For some time now, there is a Windows update that fails when I say go ahead and install. No reason given for failure. When I close down, it tries to do the update again before the system closes down. How can I delete this unwanted update?

compumac 16:45 PM 29 Aug 11

There is a feature with Windows updates where if you are in this situation you can hide the reminder/update, but off the top my head I cannot remember exactly where that is, I think it is when you are asked if you want to install the update.

rdave13 16:47 PM 29 Aug 11

I think it's the same with XP as others. Run windows update manually and in the list right click the offending update and select 'hide'.

Sea Urchin 18:49 PM 29 Aug 11

Run the XP update manually - select Custom Install and then UNtick the offending update. As you close the box you will be asked if you do not want to see this update again - accept and click etc.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…