Windows XP Update

hoverman 08:58 23 Mar 03

A couple of days ago I logged on to Windows Update and downloaded/installed 2 critical updates. It was after I had done this that I noticed an icon in the taskbar which was an automatic reminder that the 2 updates were available. There doesn't appear to be a way of cancelling this - only a menu offering to remind you at a later time. Anyone know how I can cancel this now obsolete reminder?

CPU Temperature Too High 09:06 23 Mar 03

Go to PROPERTIES of My Computer. Click on the automatic updates tab. Then Uncheck the first bit. Then move down and choose any that u want out of the last three.

hoverman 09:15 23 Mar 03

If I remove the tick in the first bit the three options below are immediately greyed out. The only way I can think of to stop this reminder popping up is to download the 2 updates again from the reminder window which appears.

hugh-265156 13:29 23 Mar 03

i had this problem too a while back.to fix click here;en-gb;winxp and type 319109 in the search box.

hoverman 13:48 23 Mar 03

Thanks for your suggestion. Article 319109 seems to concern updates already installed still appearing when you visit the Windows Update site. This is not the case with me - they no longer show as being available. What has happened in my case is that Windows AutoUpdate notified me that the 2 updates were available but I failed to notice the icon on the task bar. I installed the 2 critical updates by logging on to the Windows Update site before noticing the icon. I assume that an audible sound would have been received to alert me but unfortunately I had my speakers turned off at the time.

hoverman 13:52 23 Mar 03

When the reminder popped up this morning I elected to be reminded again in 3 days time. When this happens I will opt to download and install the 2 updates again to see if this cures the issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…