Windows XP Temporarily Freezing on Boot Up

woodbexhill 10:23 16 Feb 03

When I turn on my PC, or Restart it boots up fine until the Windows XP Logo appears with the bar below it which moves along before the Blue Windows Logon screen...

When my PC boots up, this is displayed and the bar temporarily moves along before it freezes for around 2 minutes. After a tedious wait, a black screen appears which stays for quite a few seconds and THEN the Logon screen appears...

What is causing it to freeze like this?

woodbexhill 10:48 16 Feb 03

bump :D

« Ravin » 12:06 16 Feb 03

type msconfig in the run box and look under the startup tab. see if there are any unwanted programs running that could be slowing down your boot times.

for an explanation of the items that could appear there click here

try also updating your drivers, graphics card etc. can't do any harm :-D

woodbexhill 14:20 04 Apr 03

Still causing me problems :(((((((

This happens before I actually _get into windows_...

Its where the bar moves across the screen, although I doubted anything in msconfig would cause problems because I thought they where executed when in windows. I removed unwanted programs, and it didn't help.

Any other ideas?

Greatly Appreciated

medicine hat 14:40 04 Apr 03

Has your motherboard got on-board LAN? If you are not using it, try disabling it in Windows.

Holographic_man 15:08 04 Apr 03

Have you been into the bios of late and done any tweaking?

woodbexhill 19:52 04 Apr 03

Not been in BIOS..

Does have ON-Board LAN, and yes I'm using it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…