windows xp systemstandby and hibernation

macduck 11:54 28 Jan 06

i've just done a quick format of my computor in windows xp and i set it up to hibernate after a given amount of time,but the problem is after i shut down the computor and restarted the next day the power settings have lost hibernation and standby optins what could cause this to happen.

Totally-braindead 13:51 28 Jan 06

Try it again, make certain this time you click apply then ok rather than just ok which is what I suspect you may have done.

macduck 22:23 30 Jan 06

this is what i tried to do but when i opened up the power option properties, the hibernation tab is no longer there. in the power schemes tab i have, turn off monitor and turn off hard disc and thats all. is there something else that needs enabling

DamianScott 00:03 01 Feb 06

Try adjusting your power management settings in the control panel. Different settings will allow/not allow hibernation to show as an option when you come to shut down your PC.

Good luck!

Damian

Looking for computer spares? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…