Windows XP Stop Screen

Hello I am running windows xp and I keep getting the blue windows stop screen with the following message-

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage.

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Technical Information

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000400, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF73F1A96)

*** NDIS.SYS-ADDRESS F73F1A96 BASE AT F73D5000, DATESTAMP 41107EC3

After I get this message and restart windows and do the error reporting it comes back with this following information-

Error Caused By Netgear: No Specific Solution Found

Problem Description

An unknown error occurred in Netgear Ethernet (fa312nd5.sys), created by Netgear.

Has anyone got any ideas? thank you

LastChip 17:17 10 Apr 05

Do you have a network running or use a network card for connection to the Internet?

Yea I use a netgear network card for broadband internet

LastChip 17:40 10 Apr 05

reloading or updating (if available) the drivers for the card.

You can do this through Device Manager.

I completly uninstalled the device from my system and installed updated drivers but still have the problem, The card has been working fine for years its only in the last week or 2 that I have hadthis problem

LastChip 18:27 10 Apr 05

click here for quite a lot of information about this problem. I have to admit, I haven't read it all, but a couple of things that struck me were;

Possibility of memory gone bad (this could also be just worked loose) and

Heat sink fan replacement. Presumably an overheat situation.

Anyway, take a look and see what you think.

If you resolve the problem from this, I'd be glad to know the resolution.

LastChip 18:46 10 Apr 05

You could also try (again) removing the network card drivers and physically remove the card, then boot the machine. If it starts up OK, it's a fair bet where to concentrate your efforts, though I have to say, if it turns out to be an overheating fault, it could be misleading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…