windows XP stop message

johnlecarre 10:28 23 Dec 03

Windows XP starts to boot up OK then fails with about a third of a screen of text, a stop message saying possible problems with newly installed hardware but have not done anything to the system hardware or software wise, this just happened. Cannot get into safe mode either.Any suggestions as to what may be wrong or how to get over it.Thanks.

johnlecarre 10:30 23 Dec 03

Re my last post, sorry it is not XP but windows 2000 professional (my sons machine).Thanks

alcudia 10:34 23 Dec 03

Could be any number of reasons. Can you please post what the top line of the message says. It will a series words separated by underscores. And also the code after the word STOP two thirds of the way down, and the wording on the line underneath this.

johnlecarre 10:42 23 Dec 03

Thanks for your quick response. As I was posting my message my son was running diagnostics from the cd's he had with his PC and just told me it has found and fixed the problem, program did not say what problem had been. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…