windows xp startup then close down

allypally49 01:15 15 Nov 09

laptop starts up then shows windows starting up, goes to choice showing start in safe mode etc no matter wht i pick...the blue screen flashes momentarily ( took a pic) and it shows
0x00000ED (0x81aa9850), 0xc000000d6,0x00000000, 0x00000000

then shuts down and repeats the same sequence.

cant boot up from CD etc

badhair1963 02:49 15 Nov 09

Try this: click here;en-us;q297185. If that doesn't work, you might have to reinstall Windows.

badhair1963 02:51 15 Nov 09

Let's see if I can get that link right.

click here;en-us;q297185

If it doesn't work, cut and paste the end of the URL into the address bar.

allypally49 11:57 15 Nov 09

cant access tht at mo, will try later
can re-install windows either as pc will not acces cd drive.
its a bit like groundhog day, when it shows screen for Safe mode etc no matter what i do it closes down and shows same screen

badhair1963 12:35 15 Nov 09

Using the link I tried (and failed!) to post, right-click on the "click here" and select "copy link location. Paste it into your address bar. Then select everything else, including the semi-colon, click on your address bar with the left mouse button, move the cursor to the end of what's already in there and paste the rest of the address in. The link should then work.

Did that make sense?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:55 15 Nov 09

click here

STOP 0x000000ED UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

allypally49 17:31 16 Nov 09

the database, doesnt cover my problem..
all I get is the Safe mode oprtions..no matter what i pick..it closes down and starts up showing as if windows is booting up , then the blue screen with the parameters as shown, then into the safe mode choice etc.
tried the option to boot from CD but, cant access CD

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:17 16 Nov 09

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.

Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Repair XP
click here

allypally49 21:02 17 Nov 09

the pc came with XP pre installed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…