windows xp startup problem

3.06ghz 16:07 04 Sep 05

whenever i start up xp on my new laptop, it comes up with generic host process for win32 has encountered a problem and needs to close. In more details, it says

szAppName: svchost.exe szAppVer: 5.1.2600.2180
szModName: ntdll.dll szModver: 5.1.2600.2180
offset 00018fea

Help please! It should have a problem already! its only a week old!

Number 7 17:02 04 Sep 05

This message can appear for any number of reasons and if your lappy works fine after you cancel the message I'd just put up with it- it can be a lot of trouble to track down.

If the message appears at startup, and only at startup, then it's being caused by a driver, a Windows service that is failing to start, or an application that's starting when Windows loads, or even an update to Windows or another app.

Have a look in Event Viewer and see if there's any info.

Control Panel> Admin Tools> Event Viewer and look under System and Application for an error.
If you get more info about the error, post it here and we can try to find a fix.

The exact same error you're getting is the subject of these threads.

click here

click here

Terry Brown 17:04 04 Sep 05

Do you have the boot disks (Normally 2-4 CD's), if so select the one marked tools and you should have a repair option. Run this,else take it back to where you got it from and demand either a replacement and a repair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…