//some 3rd party need geo

Windows xp start menu

tony tony tone 11:53 13 May 05

Hi my start menu has gone from the usual large green start menu into a rather muted grey coloured start menu,is there anyway of getting the original menu back,i have tried to right click the mouse on desktop yet there seems to be no other version avaliable

Eric10 12:10 13 May 05

Right-click the Desktop and choose Properties. Click the Appearance tab and look under "Windows and buttons". Change it from "Windows Classic style" to "Windows XP style" then click OK.

tony tony tone 12:40 13 May 05

Hi eric there is no other version avaliable the pc has only the windows classic avaliable for me to use

Indigo 1 13:07 13 May 05

Right click on the taskbar and select properties, you should see the option on the Start Menu tab.

tony tony tone 13:25 13 May 05

Hi Indigo its still the same im unable to change out of windows classic????

Indigo 1 14:18 13 May 05

Are you saying that you do not have the two options of Start Menu and Classic Start Menu like this click here ? If you do then you have to select one or the other Clasic or Start.

tony tony tone 14:44 13 May 05

No im not saying i have the choice of both im saying nothing happens if i press either,the start menu is still a small basic menu rather than the usual larger green start menu

Indigo 1 14:52 13 May 05

You could try System Restore, go to Start menu/Programmes/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore and select a date before it started.

Pooke100 15:38 13 May 05

what about going to control panel> system> advanced> performance> then click "settings" then select "adjust for best appearance".

hth

tony tony tone 18:30 13 May 05

Thanks again to the both of you for your replies,i have tried both of your suggestions yet the pc remains the same,its as if its missing a driver or something is this possible?

Indigo 1 18:40 13 May 05

You may need to do a Repair of XP click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…