windows xp start up error message

enigma_lost 18:10 27 Jan 05

everytime i start my computer up i have this error box pop up with the title "nisfirst.exe - unable to locate component" the main body of the message is as follow "this application has failed to start because SYSSTORE.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

does anyone have any idea what this is/mean and how i can fix it?

VoG II 18:12 27 Jan 05

click here and scroll down to the bottom.

enigma_lost 18:18 27 Jan 05

so where can i find the file to delete it?

VoG II 18:19 27 Jan 05

I would uninstall then re-install Norton.

enigma_lost 18:33 27 Jan 05

this may well be where the problem stems from. when i bought norton 2005 i uninstalled the previous 2003 version i had and installed the newer, however i was unhappy with the amount of crap etc on the p.c so i completely restored it back to it's factory settings which as you may have guess but didn't cross my mind at the time re-installed the 2003 version. which means i now get the error message and also can't reinstall norton 2005. any suggestions?

enigma_lost 22:18 27 Jan 05

can i assume no one knows?

temp003 03:21 28 Jan 05

If you use XP/2000, click here

The web page contains a link to removal on 98/ME as well.

temp003 03:24 28 Jan 05

Also, the article only applies to NAV 2005. If the product you installed was SystemWorks or Internet Security, search for the removal instructions for that particular product for your particular OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…