windows xp start up

leeknight67 16:50 20 Sep 05

my laptop never came with a recovery disk and i want to format my laptop and start again. whats the best way to do this and what will i need to get?
thanks in advance

leeknight67 17:02 20 Sep 05

please help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 20 Sep 05

1. back up all your documents and files

2. you need all the drivers for the equipment in your laptop. Driver guide toolkit click here will find the drivers and copy them to a folder you then need to copy the folder to a CD or pen drive or somewhere else safe before the format.

3. You need a operating system (XP) on cd and the product No.

4. set the laptop to boot from CD and boot with the XP cd in the drive, follow the onscreen prompts to format the drive and install the operating system.

leeknight67 17:32 20 Sep 05

where can i get windows xp on cd from?

mattyc_92 17:33 20 Sep 05

A friend?

You may have a "hidden partition" on your laptop's hard-disc, and if you have, just just need to burn those files to CD

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:08 20 Sep 05

What laptop some laptops have full recovery on hidden partion and do not need a seperate CD.

Something like F10 at boot up to invoke recovery.

leeknight67 19:16 20 Sep 05

its a packardbell easynote laptop! what do i need to do now i have backed up all my files to a cd.

dan11 19:26 20 Sep 05

You may be able to use the packard bell Recovery Boot Disk here.

"This Setup will create a bootable Recovery CD automatically.
The bootdisk that will be created can be used on all Packard Bell systems shipped since July 1999."

dan11 19:27 20 Sep 05

Sorry, also. The easy note model number may help.:-)

dan11 19:38 20 Sep 05

How to run the recovery programme. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…