Windows XP SP3

Ollyolly 19:36 20 Jul 08

I've installed SP3 via automatic updates without any problems.

But thinking about the futute I would like to download SP3 and save as a file. I can then incoporate this into a slipstream disc.

I can't find SP3 avaiable as a download for a single PC. I can only find a version suitable for network administrators (500+Mb).

Can anyone provide a link to SP3 as a download for a single PC?

Thanks.

grey george 19:39 20 Jul 08

This thread has some info
click here

grey george 19:48 20 Jul 08

This links tells you how to and it points to the network admins. download as I think this is the only way you will get an option to save the download rather than install it.
click here

Ollyolly 20:04 20 Jul 08

Grey George,

Thanks for your thoughts.

I was loathed to download the network version in case bits that were irrelevant to me ended up messing up my PC.

From what you're saying, if I want to download and save a copy that is the only file avaiable and it means downloading a version that I don't have on the PC at present.

Progress, I still thinking about that one.

grey george 20:30 20 Jul 08

I don't think this is a network version, it is a version for people who run networks. They would want to download it and roll it out to all their pcs at once. As you run it from a disc and not from MS web site you have to deal with any hang ups. This is why they say it's for professionals only.

Ollyolly 20:54 20 Jul 08

Grey George,

My mistake. The web page you directed me (which I mistook for a similar but different page) shows 316Mb which is the file size I was looking for.

I downloading as I write.

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…