Windows XP SP2 burn to disk

mammak 18:16 15 Oct 07

Hi I have been given a file by my friend to burn to disc for her, her brother downloaded it to my Flash drive the information on the file when you hover the mouse is as follows " Windows XP - KB83593- SP2 - ENU.exe Company; Microsoft Corporation File Version : 5510005 - 0 size 266MB"

I have Nero 6 on this machine just to make sure she has no problems installing the service pack on her computer,

Is it a straight forward Data Burn in Nero or is there something else I need to do?
I have never done the likes of this before always updated my computer automatically so I want to get it right thanks in advance.

brundle 18:18 15 Oct 07

Just burn the file to data disc, nothing else you need to do, except maybe finalise the disc to make sure it works on older optical drives. SP2 will run, extract and install when the file is clicked on. There are at least 80 updates since SP2 though...

mammak 18:22 15 Oct 07

Thanks for your quick reply yes I understand there are more updates since this but as she is getting Broadband in a few weeks that then should not be a problem thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac