windows xp sp 2 - clock

noddy2121 14:26 25 Oct 05

Hi

I work on a network with about 250 nodes, which all run windows 2000 professional. The servers run windows 2000 server.

However there is one computer on the network that runs windows xp sp 2. This one computer will not keep its time at the correct time, every time a user logs on, the clock is one hour behind the real time.

With the correct permissions enabled users can change the clock to the correct time, however this is very impractical, as the computer should be getting its time from the server.

Has anyone got anyt ideas as to why win xp on a 2000 based network is not keeping the correct clock time

Cheers

Wayne

PaulB2005 14:28 25 Oct 05

Do you have the option to correct for Daylight Saving Time ticked?

PaulB2005 14:29 25 Oct 05

Double click the System Tray Clock, Time Zone Tab, and check Automatically Adjust Clock for Daylight Saving Changes. OK

BTW Clocks go back next weekend!!! Extra hour in bed..... :-)

Jackcoms 14:47 25 Oct 05

I'm not an IT professional in any way, but the problem seemed obvious to me.

Why have one XP machine working with 249 others (plus the server) which are all running 2000?

i.tech 14:51 25 Oct 05

Is this problem definatly related to the different operating system. I worked in an office with a similar problem. We were running both 2k and XP machines (on a much smaller scale though) but 2 always had an incorrect time and date. The problem turned out to be that these two machines had an incorrect time and date set in the BIOS which kept overiding the settings given by the server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…