WINDOWS XP SP 2

MICKY BOY 19:33 21 Aug 04

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IS WINDOWS XP 2 AVAILIBLE FOR DOWNLOAD YET IN ENGLAND. AS I USE WINDOWS UPDATE AND IT TELLS ME IT IS, BUT I CANNOT SEEM TO DOWNLOAD IT.

REGARDS

MICK

Mikè 19:43 21 Aug 04

Yes I know what you mean. I'm on dialup and despite clicking the download button for sp2 (from xp auto update) about three days ago, no sign of any download yet.

son-of-a-gun 19:50 21 Aug 04

England calling, England calling over. Sorry Mick I understand that if you turn on live update it comes in on auto-pilot but I guess MS sever is very busy. I'm not at all sure if you can just click on a download link. But I am sure it will be on next months PCA disk you may need to check out if it's on the CD or DVD, but it could be both. Beware though I did see a link to MS which lines up the programmes that won't work with SP2 and it's a big list, can't recall what site I found the link now, but if I do find it I'll post again.
Over and out, regards England

Mikè 19:53 21 Aug 04

Just to clarify the download button I was referring to was accepting the eula for sp2, which was offered to me automatically.

son-of-a-gun 19:55 21 Aug 04

Mick check out here

click here

son-of-a-gun 20:12 21 Aug 04

Hold on folks just found out the link above is for multi computer systems, not single PCs Sorry

flying grouse 20:17 21 Aug 04

pressing the EULA button is for acceptance but the microsoft V5 update will only update your "PC" if it is set to " Automatic download " the reason for this it downloads in stages to your computer only when their Server is ready............

powerless 20:19 21 Aug 04

It don't matter, you can still use it.

pcwhizz 20:45 21 Aug 04

u no the multi pc one?

i have a econd pc on a crossover connection to my pc?

coz i have broadband and i dnt mind gettin the multi pc one cud i use this one

powerless 20:46 21 Aug 04

Yes.

JYPX 21:01 21 Aug 04

son-of-a-gun, don't be concerned about posting the link which relates to multi computer systems. Many people on these forums have been throwing this link around like confetti, even though it clearly states: do NOT download for individual home pc's - a SMALLER more suitable download will follow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…