Windows XP Side Bar

poogles_uk 11:31 29 Mar 05

The side bar/toolbar thing in explorer on
windows xp has just disappeared, like this one:

click here

Any ideas on how to get it back, it comes back in the search version when i want to search, but it cant get it back in my comp and my docs etc.

Any help appreciated

Yoda Knight 11:43 29 Mar 05

Click on the View menu item and play around with the first few until u get ur desired setting

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:46 29 Mar 05

just click "folders" on toolbar

poogles_uk 11:52 29 Mar 05

No, not that one.

click here is what i want - i got that from another pc....

poogles_uk 11:59 29 Mar 05

This link:

click here

Other one doesn't work!!

jbp1982 12:30 29 Mar 05

is this right?

poogles_uk 12:32 29 Mar 05

Thats the one

GroupFC 12:33 29 Mar 05

If you go view>explorer bar and say history and then close the history the side bar comes back! (at least it does on mine!).

You might need to go to tools>folder options tick show common tasks in folders then apply and OK.

Good luck!

GroupFC 12:34 29 Mar 05

Too slow - had to experiment with what to do!

Chris25 12:34 29 Mar 05

Go to Control Panels, select Folder Options and at the top of the first tab you should see an option to "Show common tasks in folders". That should do the trick (unless your folder windows are of a very narrow width, in which case you might have to widen them a bit).

TonyV 13:06 29 Mar 05

I have a similar problem. I can get the Side Bar up in My Computer, Control Panel, My Documents etc, but can not get it to come up permanently in Windows Explorer. The only way to get it up there is as Fruit Bat /\0/\ says early on. Does the Side Bar not stay permanently on in Explorer? The settings mentioned above have all been made, but every-time I switch off Windows Explorer and then re-ignite it, the folder listings come up!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…