Windows Xp Shuting Down Slowly

Mytob 15:42 19 Dec 05

Well the title explains it all realy. I tell windows to shutdown restart or log off and in waiting for about 5mins if atall for it to shutdown. I close all the apps in the system tray manualy to try to speed it up but to no avail. any idea why this is happening cause im getting even more *!@:es with the naf os!

Skyver 15:46 19 Dec 05

Scan with antivirus. Scan with anti-spyware click here (recommend Ewido). Do a disk check (start menu/run, type `chkdsk`).

woodchip 15:51 19 Dec 05

If you have more than one Partition, turn Restore of on all Patitions exept C:\ with the operating system on, Set C:\ to 7% of drive

VoG II 16:00 19 Dec 05
  Mytob 16:03 19 Dec 05

done many a time over and not a sosage. that was my inital thoughts when it happened.

woodchip 16:08 19 Dec 05

done what

Mytob 16:26 19 Dec 05

iv dont av spyware and adware and error check many a time but never made n e differance. do the partitions aply to linux and swap partitions aswell?

woodchip 16:29 19 Dec 05

No only to XP Restore.

Have to removed as manny programs as you can from MSCONFIG?

Mytob 16:31 19 Dec 05

i dont bother with restor points. its the one good thing that mite have been good in xp but like most of M$ good ideas they dont work. iv have removed all unnesisay progs from msconfig.

woodchip 16:43 19 Dec 05

Check out VoG™ link near the bottom

Mytob 23:49 20 Jan 06

Looked at that but still no difference with some of the changes i have made dew to the list. Also its taking ages now sometimes to view the cntent of a usb hd. It pops up with the content for a sec and then disapeared and goes into overdrive to view it sumtime taking up to a min to show it again! And now also similer things are happening when opening small programs up like paint. Any ideas. If not il just reinsall windoz again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…