Windows XP and shutdown. For Info

Agent Smith 21:08 06 Feb 04

My pc just started to restart instead of shutting down. So I decided to see why it was doing it. Having read someone's post saying that it was probably driver related I started to look around and this is what I found out.
Right click My Computer, click Advanced tab and then Settings on Startup and Recovery and uncheck Automatically restart. This gives a blue screen with the problem on it instead of windows restarting. Make a note of the problem at the bottom of the page, mine was STV680.sys a search of my computer revealed the location of this driver and hovering the mouse cursor over the file displays what the driver is for. Mine was a Trust 3in1 [email protected] I uninstalled it and PC shuts down OK. I'll monitor for a few days then re-install it to see what happens.

Diodorus Siculus 21:19 06 Feb 04

For my postings. Thanks.

Agent Smith 09:16 07 Feb 04

BUMP

Boluwd 11:10 07 Feb 04

Thanks for that....added to My Postings.

ensonricky 12:07 07 Feb 04

The root cause may well be a power management issue. Before disabling drivers that are vital to run certain appliances it may be advisable to try disaling some of the power management features in the BIOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…