Windows XP setup problems

Klienman 17:58 14 Aug 09

On start up and when opening internet explorer I get a error box which says "the setup controller has encountered a problem during install. Please review the log files for further information on the error." When I close that box another box opens "Windows Installer" and says "Installing" then everything works. This takes quite some time to complete which is a pain.

Could you please give me any assistance. I don't even know what a log file is.

Try reinstalling Internet Explorer

Klienman 19:17 14 Aug 09

JUst tried downloading Internet explorer 8. It's on the system but the original problem is still there.

VoG II 19:28 14 Aug 09

Do you have Office 2007? If so click here

Klienman 09:53 15 Aug 09

Thanks to the guys that have helped so far, the error box has gone but the "windows installer" box still comes up and installs, any ideas? Office 2007 seem to have something to do with it, is the program flaued?

If you have Office 2007 go to Control Panel select Add Remove Programs then scroll down until you find Office 2007. When you have clicked on Office 2007 select 'CHANGE' once the installer has opened select 'REPAIR'. If this doesn't do the trick please tell me what OS you have and how much RAM. I may also need to know what processor you have and what speed it runs at.

Klienman 13:20 16 Aug 09

Did have office 2007 but removed it thinking that might have something to do with the problem. It won't reload now says it's found an error, so I have put office 2000 back on.

The lap top has a 1.50GHz processor, don't know it's running speed, and 250mb of ram.

The o/s is m/s windows xp home edition, version 2002, service pack 3. This came installed and no disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac