Windows XP setup Problem

Paul-200495 15:32 12 Mar 05

I have just repaired a motherboard in a TIME machine and then found out that Windows was corrupt. I proceeded to use one of my Windows XP discs and do a REPAIR. When it got to the Key Code it would not allow the dedicated key code of the machine. I have now done a 'Last Known Good Configuration' and I believe that has cured the problem.

HOWEVER... I am getting a loop to 'Setup is being restarted.....' and asking for a key code. How can I stop this?

User-312386 15:36 12 Mar 05

On TIME machines the CABS files are locked and you should not try and use a "Windows Disc" but a "restore to factory settings disc"

Looks like you have to carry out a full install now. Is the O/S Home or PRO?

Is your Disc home or PRO?

Paul-200495 15:43 12 Mar 05

Operating System is home

User-312386 15:46 12 Mar 05

If both the PC and the DISC you have are XP home then you are in luck as long as the disc you have is not an "upgrade disc".

If it is an upgrade disc then you will have to beg/steal/borrow a windows 98se or ME disc

User-312386 18:19 12 Mar 05

Operating System is Home

Please don't e-mail as its easier in the forum to help

Like i said above, you will have to re-install XP. I don't know whether your XP DISC is an upgrade or a Full one! Could you advise us if it's an "Upgrade Disc" Or a "Full XP DIsc"

Paul-200495 19:09 12 Mar 05

A Full XP Disc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…