Windows XP Setup

Rustler 16:07 12 Aug 03

I have just upgraded my computer with a new IBM/Hitachi Deskstar 120 GXP 120GB Hard Drive,also fitted Asus CDRW and Asus DVD and additional 256 Ram on the existing Asus A7V133 Motherboard which has the 1008a upgrade fitted.
The M/B is compatible with the new hard drive but I am having terrible trouble installing Windows XP Professional.
I can get into the setup routine and the bios recognises the new 120GB hard disc, I can partition the hard disc and also format it but when the setup routine starts to copy the files it always locks up after installing approximately 24% of this routine.
The XP version is a genuine OEM version bought with the hardware.
I have also tried installing a OEM version of Windows XP home with the same result.
Can anybody please advise me what I am doing wrong.
I didn't have much hair when I started this but I look more like Kojak now(that shows how old am !!)
Please please please help.
Rustler

JIM 16:48 12 Aug 03

I see you formated the hardrive (a new drive).
A standard format?

The, always locks up after installing approximately 24% of this routine,gives me the impression that there is,or may be some dammage to the drive.

I had a similar problem when my drive reached
3% then no go anywhere. Doing a format C:/Q produced an install of the Windows software etc. though this would not give me long-term reliability as i believed my drive was no good (damage to the platters). I sent it back and had it replaced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…