Windows XP Service Pack 3 RTM, RTW Tues Next Week

powerless 23:02 21 Apr 08

click here

Yaaaaaaay?

brundle 23:04 21 Apr 08

Thanks for the update

DieSse 23:36 21 Apr 08

I'd wait and see what happens to the first ones - that's when further problems are likely to show up.

Stuartli 23:42 21 Apr 08

>>that's when further problems are likely to show up.>>

I've never had any problems with SP3 RC2...:-)

FreeCell 10:23 22 Apr 08

"I've never had any problems with SP3 RC2...:-)"

I did! Installed okay so it seemed but PC would not reboot (Constant restart wouldn't even boot into Safe Mode. Possible problem with gd132.dll but not had time to retry install).

Think I am with DieSse and will see what happens to others on release.

jolorna 10:30 22 Apr 08

cheers for the info

DieSse 11:15 22 Apr 08

Where's the panic - we've all been running happily without it, and there's no unmissable benefits.

If anything tells us it's a good idea to wait and see it's the Vista SP1 release.

Snec 18:30 22 Apr 08

Where's the panic - we've all been running happily without it, and there's no unmissable benefits.

Exactly. What's the rush? Why do people get so excited? What is there to get excited about? I suppose I must be missing something and I'd love it if someone could explain.

powerless 22:10 29 Apr 08
  Taff™ 01:37 30 Apr 08

Just restored a laptop to factory settings and deployed Service Pack 3 - complete doddle and no problems so far. Windows update then only gave me 2 updates (Non Critical) - IE7 was one of them. What`s the fuss? (Perhaps MS have got something right for once!)

wotbus@ 09:25 30 Apr 08

I've run it from the Beta version some months ago with no problems.
Agree with you Taff™. My version of XP is old'ish and SP1. Last time I did a re-install I waited forever to install SP2 and all the other stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…