Windows XP Service Pack 3 Is it o/k.

MeandHer 23:36 24 Jun 08

Hi,
I have not yet installed Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Is it ok to install now or are there still problems with it?
Also am i right in thinking that i saw a post on here that said uninstall I.Explorer 7 first and then install IE 7 again after installing Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Thanks.

pac73 23:54 24 Jun 08

I had to uninstall ESET Smart Security before it would install.Ive had no problemd since installing it.

Just go to ms updates and install it.

cocteau48 07:14 25 Jun 08

"Also am i right in thinking that i saw a post on here that said uninstall I.Explorer 7 first and then install IE 7 again after installing Windows XP Service Pack 3."

All explained here:
click here

birdface 08:24 25 Jun 08

I switched off my Firewall before installing SP3 and had no problems.

xania 09:03 25 Jun 08

Not quite cocteau48

Reading this article, you only need to do as you suggest if you need to uninstall IE7 at a later date. Frankly, I can't see why anyone would wna to uninstall IE7 now so there's not real issue.

sunny staines 09:23 25 Jun 08

disable your security software during install especially norton and enable again after install.

to prevent problems with some registry keys.

cocteau48 09:47 25 Jun 08

xania
I,personally,was not suggesting anything merely passing on the link which MeandHer was looking for.

As I became a 100% convert to Firefox over two years ago I only take a passing interest in the issues which people have with IE7.

Pamy 09:58 25 Jun 08

No problems at all, did not turn anything off

ventanas 10:47 25 Jun 08

So far tried it on a number of machines and all ok except one. It refused to boot afterwards and had to uninstall in safe mode.
This machine did have Eset installed.

dms_05 10:53 25 Jun 08

SP3 installed Ok for me but I think turning off any third party firewall and third party anti-virus (leave any Microsoft Firewall and Anti-malware running) is a sensible idea.

Furkin 12:29 25 Jun 08

Do we have to be connected to the internet if trying to load this using a disc ?
I couldn't get the Auto-download bit to load so sent for CD from M.Soft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5