Windows XP Service Pack 2

Ouchie 20:01 19 Aug 04

I have regularly downloadedall Microsoft's security patches for Windows XP and now have a very large number of uninstall files representing each installed patch in the Windows folder.
I have two queries.
1. Will the pending WinXP SP2 replace all these earlier patches and the uninstall files.
2. As it is highly unlikely that I will ever want to manually delete all these security updates can I simply delete all their uninstall files(some of which are very large) from the Windows folder.

Djohn 20:16 19 Aug 04

SP2 will [Should] only install the files it needs to, so any updates already on your PC will not be duplicated, they will be left as is, or overwritten then Hotfixes removed automatically as part of the install.

Ouchie 21:02 19 Aug 04

Thanks for rapid helpful response which clears up my query about the installation of SP2 and previously installed patches. Would still like to delete all these uninstall files if safe to do so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…