windows xp service pack

peg leg 19:31 20 Feb 05

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a new pc with wndows XP installed.

Should I install the XP service pack as I heard it can play about a bit and people have had problems with it.

Thanks

pegleg

mattyc_92 19:33 20 Feb 05

I personally have had no problems with SP2... You could install SP2 onto the system and if your system doesn't like it, then uninstall it...

TomJerry 19:36 20 Feb 05

so you can find out any potential problem under warrenty

spuds 20:22 20 Feb 05

Remember though, that if you have a software problem, then the PC supplier may have a premium line rate for troubleshooting software.

Windows XP SP1 and SP2 are now mature products, and advice is now readily available via the PCA forum and many others.

Totally-braindead 20:28 20 Feb 05

I too have had no problems with SP2 and as its been about a while now most software problems have been solved with patches available from the software websites. But I haven't needed any patches everything has gone fine for me. I hope I'm not tempting fate by saying that.

Buchan 35 21:47 20 Feb 05

We have heard a helluva lot from the minority of folk who installed SP2, and very little from the majority who had no problems. I do believe there`s a part of the Windows Upgrade site that asks you to read this befor installing SP2. Apologies if this is not right. Have a look and then act in your own interests. You can always
uninstall as matty_92 said

usbuser 22:24 20 Feb 05

I would have thought that a new compter would now have sp2 already installed

Strawballs 00:12 21 Feb 05

usbuser he said that he has just bought a computer with XP on ot not a new one but I have 2 machines in my house with SP2 no problems.

Strawballs 00:14 21 Feb 05

I am sorry usbuser I have just read his thread again (been decorating all day)

peg leg 19:16 21 Feb 05

usbuser,

Sorry to waste your time,you are right,it was already installed!!!
I just found system information in my computer and there it was.
Sorry but I'm still learning.

mattyc_92 10:52 22 Feb 05

If this problem is "resloved", then please "tick" the thread...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…