windows XP security upgrades service packs

Terry Brown 10:21 01 Feb 14
Answered

My XP Cd is current SP2, Is there any way to download the service packs and security /software updates and store them so when (not if) my system crashes, I can rebuild it.

There used to be an administration option on the Microsoft page, but it seems to have gone.

Terry

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:03 01 Feb 14
Answer

store them so when (not if) my system crashes, I can rebuild it.

Simpler to take an image of the drive then restore the image after the crash or onto a new drive.

Terry Brown 13:58 01 Feb 14

I take regular backups, about twice a month, but I was hoping to be able to download all the security updates etc, so if I change my motherboard, I can rebuild. Unless I am mistaken, downloads from one machine will not work on another- Is that correct? Terry

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:32 01 Feb 14

so now your talking something different - the licensing of XP, change 4 major components and its classed as a different machine.

You are correct it won't boot if the motherboard is renewed due to different drivers required. Its sometimes possible to boot into safe mode unistall the old drivers and reinstall the new ones.

See Answer click here for all update

You would have to manually download all the XP updates since sp3 + an sp3 iso and save to disk or dvds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…